Friday, July 25, 2014

The Ocean At The End Of The Lane. Neil Gaiman.

The Ocean At The End Of The Lane. Neil Gaiman. 

Voted selection for September mom's book club. 
I thought this book wouldn't be my style. I decided to try the excerpt, and it hooked me. The poor boy! I am so sad that no one showed up for his 7th birthday party. I about cried. Not too far in, I had this thought..
"What? The dude killed his kitten then himself. This poor kid!"
Oh the pulling of the worm had my stomach twisted. Yuck!!
My response to this book- I loved it!!!!!
I thought it was his dad's funeral, but I might have gotten that from a review I read before I started the book. 
I liked that he didn't have a name, it felt more like the story of someone I already knew, and therefor didn't need a name. 
The imagination in this book is so fantastic. I'm very glad I ended up reading it. I will definitely be suggesting it to others, and I'm thankful for who suggested it for our May book!

No comments:

Post a Comment