Friday, October 17, 2014

FOUR

Veronica Roth. 
Read in September. 

FOUR is divided into FOUR stories. 

The Transfer gives is a lot of background on Tobias' relationship with his father and faction. We find out he's ignored within his faction, and are shown an encounter with a factionless man who "knew" Evelyn. His father is a butt munch. He treats Tobias like an inconvenience and a regret. No child deserves to feel that way. (Child abuse really gets me steamed, especially since having children. I look at my two little boys, and I'm so grateful for them. I can't imagine the hate some people have toward kids.) Tobias faces the choice of a life he knows and is predictable, or a faction totally mysterious to him. "You're the one who has to live with your choice." I love when he chooses Dauntless, and when he questions himself about making a place for himself there, then deciding he has to because that's what he chose. 

The Initiate takes us through Four's training.  Thanks to Amar, one of my favorite characters, Four doesn't have to worry about being associated with his father or former faction. We see how much he doesn't like to hurt people, how he'd rather work on making himself a better person without beating others down. We see him finally make friends and have people care about him. We watch him show others he won't be treated as incapable. We also get more of Eric. Brutal Eric, who is determined to intimidate everyone. Eric, who is the reason Amar "dies"! I can't stand Eric. 

In The Son, we see how Four makes his place in Dauntless, his reaction to finding out his mother is alive, and his realization that a dangerous conspiracy is going on. 

The Traitor takes us forward two years, when Tris transfers to Dauntless. I really enjoyed reading how they fell in love through his point of view. I enjoyed reading everything from his point of view. If you loved the Divergent Trilogy, you'll love FOUR. I do, and I definitely recommend all of them!



http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0062345214?pc_redir=1413365541&robot_redir=1#

No comments:

Post a Comment