Sunday, October 12, 2014

Happy, Happy, Happy

Phil Robertson with Mark Schlabach. 
Read August and September. 

An autobiography. The cover says "My Life and Legacy as the Duck Commander". Happy, Happy, Happy is Phil's first book. His second, UnPhiltered, is also available. I've been listening to UnPhiltered on audiobook in my car. 
The breakdown of the book is constructed using "rules for living happy happy happy" as the chapters. My favorites are 1:simplify your life, 3:learn to cook, 4:don't try to figure out women, 6:put the bottle down, 12:learn to forgive, and 14:read the Bible. I also really enjoyed the afterword: letters from the family. I really enjoyed reading Happy, Happy, Happy. Everything with the Robertson family is wholesome. It reminds me of my own family. The crazy dorky things they do are things my husband would do or has done. I liked reading about Phil's past and all he's overcome. He was vulnerable and real and relatable. It was an inspiring book, and I recommend it. 

Happy, Happy, Happy: My Life and Legacy as the Duck Commander https://www.amazon.com/dp/1476726094/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_DgUoub0R2ANRR

No comments:

Post a Comment