Sunday, December 28, 2014

Looking For Alaska

John Green. 
Read in December. 

I stayed up until 1AM to finish this book. I love how John Green writes, making the characters so real. 
Before, it's a story of teenagers being teenagers. Trying to figure out life and friendships and love and how to handle disappointment. There's a lot of smoking (gross) and drinking to cope, relax, and fit in. I liked the honesty he friends had with each other. Supportive friends are so important to growing up. However, being able to tell yor friends they're wrong is important, too. 
After, it's a few teenagers trying to figure out why. WHY? I caught on pretty quickly to what happened, but it was interesting to read how the others handled all the stress and guilt. The stripper scene was very fitting, and I'm not one who's ok with strippers. In fact, I cringed when I read the word, thinking the book might take a turn I wouldn't enjoy. The reason behind it and the "brief"ness of it didn't bother me though. 
I hope I didn't give too much away for those who haven't read it. I think a younger audience would enjoy it a little more, but I did enjoy it quite a bit. As a mother of two little boys, it's not easy to get me to willingly stay up until 1AM. 

Looking for Alaska https://www.amazon.com/dp/0142402516/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_lFdOub1YDXQJ4


No comments:

Post a Comment