Thursday, December 4, 2014

Toddler Are A**holes. It's Not Your Fault.

Sopha King Tyerd. 
Read in December. 

This self-published book is not my favorite, to say the least. I didn't like it, let's just dive right into why I feel this way. 
She talks about abandoning toddlers quite a bit. Once could have been ignored for the sake of sick humor, but the amount of times she says it is unnerving. 
I know the title has "assholes" in it, but I assumed it was just a way to draw readers in. I did not expect the constant referring to toddlers as assholes, fuckers, cockblockers, motherfuckers, bastards, etc. 
comments such as "you sometimes wish you had a time machine and a condom." and "the dad is wishing he'd masturbated in the shower instead of conceiving this crazy mofo." disgusted me. 
It was over-the-top humor. Some of it was funny, and I laughed out loud a couple of times. I enjoyed #7 on the toddler preparedness kit, "smartphone with a good data plan: The Internet is your portal to the rest of the world. The people online are your only friends." But, even with the funny parts, I would not recommend it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment